A very mild curry with grated courgette to add healthy fibre. Add some chilli sauce if some like it hotter! Serve with ‘Slim Rice’ or make ‘cauliflower rice’ by grating and steaming your cauliflower.
300g chicken mini fillets
1tbsp rapeseed, sunflower, coconut or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper
1cm cube ginger, finely chopped or grated
1 medium courgette, grated
2 tbsp Patak’s korma spice paste
2 tbsp water
½tsp sweetener (eg Xylitol, Splenda, Stevia) or sugar
1 level tbsp. ground almonds or desiccated coconut
100ml coconut milk (you can freeze the reminder of the tin)
Sea salt / ground black pepper / chilli sauce to taste
- Fry onion in oil over a medium heat until golden.
- Add ginger and chicken and continue to cook over a medium heat until chicken turns white (not too hot otherwise the outside of the chicken will toughen).
- Add spice paste and water, stir until well mixed and the sauce starts to bubble then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and courgette, stir to combine and then cover and leave to cook again for 5 minutes. Add a little extra water if it seems too dry.
- Add coconut milk, ground almonds or desiccated coconut and sweetener or sugar.
- Cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning, add a little salt, black pepper and/or chilli sauce to your liking