Frozen yoghurt with fruit
It’s sugar free, fat free and high in protein…. Move over ice cream!
3 heaped tablespoons (about 300g) 0% fat natural Greek yoghurt (or plain soya yoghurt)
4 tsp Xylitol (ground to a fine texture by placing in a blender, see note below)
2 tbsp fruit (eg blueberries / raspberries / strawberries / cherries / passion fruit pulp /roughly chopped peeled peaches / kiwi fruit….)
2-3 drops vanilla extract (optional)
- To make Xylitol like fine caster sugar or even icing sugar, place in a high speed blender or liquidizer and process until it’s the consistency you want. You need to use sufficient quantity to cover the blades and then store in an airtight container
- Place all ingredients in a fairly large bowl as you will need space to beat the mixture as it freezes
- Mix well and place in freezer for 30-40 minutes until it is just starting to freeze.
- Beat well to break down ice crystals and place in freezer again
- Repeat this procedure every half hour or so another 2 or 3 times. You will see when it has reached the right consistency to serve (after about 1½ hours total, although soya yoghurt takes longer). If you leave it to freeze completely, take it out of the freezer an hour before you want to serve.