Low Carb Bread
This isn’t traditional bread, it’s very low in carbohydrates and is suitable for pre-diabetics and Type2 diabetics. It makes one smallish loaf and should give you 10 portions. It’s loaded with cholesterol-reducing and heart-healthy oils and fibre. Perfect with soup for a complete meal as there’s a good amount of protein in this bread
150g milled flaxseed / linseed (some have berries added which gives a nice flavour)
3 tbsp. water
60g ground almonds or coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp mixed seeds (eg pumpkin, sunflower, chia, sesame, poppy)
1. Preheat oven to 200oC (fan oven)
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3. Lightly beat eggs, add water and mix into dry ingredients.
4. Pour into a small greased loaf tin, sprinkle seeds on top and press down lightly (avoids them falling off!). Bake for 25 mins.
5. Carefully turn out onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing
6. Can be frozen