Oat Bran Pancakes
These can be served with rhubarb and sugar free jelly for added fibre and sweetness (recipe below) , or just with a squeeze of lemon juice and a little 0% fat natural yoghurt with a sprinkle of seeds for a tasty breakfast. Make in advance and freeze and you can reheat in a toaster for convenience
3 tbsp (30g) oat bran
2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yoghurt, soy yoghurt or 0% fat fromage frais
1 medium egg
1 tsp olive, rapeseed or coconut oil or spray oil for cooking
- Whisk the ingredients (except the oil) together with a pinch of salt
- Heat pan on a medium heat and add oil, brush around the pan and discard any excess
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes
- Turn the pancakes and cook a further 3 minutes or so until golden brown.
Rhubarb in Sugar-Free Jelly
4 stalks rhubarb chopped
1 sachet Hartley’s sugar-free jelly
Boiling water from the kettle
- wash and chop rhubarb.
- Place in a saucepan with a tablespoon of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Strain rhubarb and reserve cooking liquid in a measuring jug. Make up to 1/2 pint with boiling water and add one sachet of jelly. Add cold water or ice and stir until dissolved and then pour over the cooked rhubarb. Cool down and refrigerate or eat lukewarm.