Smoked salmon baked eggs
These are baked in muffin cases and are handy to freeze for breakfast-on-the-go (170kcal per portion of 2) or with soup for a low carb lunch. Just microwave for 30 seconds to heat. If you prefer, substitute the smoked salmon for feta cheese, and any leftover green vegetables can be used.
Makes 6 ‘muffins’ – serves 3
4 large eggs
2 slices (75g) smoked salmon (or cubes of cheese)
200g cooked green vegetables (eg French beans, broccoli, spinach, kale…)
3 cherry tomatoes
Good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to its 180oC
- Finely chop the cooked vegetables (make sure they are very well drained, squeezing out any excess water) and scallions
- Cut the smoked salmon (or Feta cheese is nice instead) into small squares
- Beat the eggs in a fairly large bowl and add all the other ingredients, not forgetting the seasoning
- Prepare a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases (paper or silicone). Spoon the mixture evenly into the cases, they should be filled to the top.
- Pop half a cherry tomato on top of each and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until firm
- Eat hot or cold, keeps up to 4 days in the fridge. To reheat, just microwave for 30 seconds.