Courgette & cauliflower soup
15ml/ 1 tbsp olive oil
400g/ 2 courgettes sliced
500g/ 1 med cauliflower chopped, include some stalks and leaves
2 bay leaves
20g/1-2 tbsp fresh herbs e.g. chives, parsley, thyme, or ½ tbsp dried mixed herbs
2 vegetable stock cubes (eg Kallo) or 4tsp Marigold Bouillon powder
1 litre water
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and chop courgettes and cauliflower.
- Wash fresh herbs.
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add cauliflower, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and bay leaves, cover and simmer for about 7 minutes until cauliflower is nearly cooked. Remove bay leaves.
- If using dried herbs, add now.
- Add courgettes, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- If using fresh herbs, add now. Snip chives into the pot, add parsley (include stalks) and thyme leaves.
- Liquidise and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.