Choose some green leafy veg: as much as you like and any combination of: baby spinach, oak leaf lettuce, radicchio, rocket, kale, rocket, beet leaves etc
¼-½ ripe avocado
A little lemon juice or lime juice (optional)
1 small cooked beetroot
1 large ripe tomato
½ Pepper (any colour)
1 tbsp mixed seeds (eg pumpkin, sunflower, chia, poppy, hemp…)
For Balsamic Dressing (10 portions, keeps well in fridge):
50ml Balsamic vinegar
100ml olive oil
1tsp Dijon mustard, pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
Place ingredients in a jug, whisk well together and pour into a bottle or jar with a lid to store.
- Wash leaves in a basin of cold water, place in salad spinner, spin and when leaves are well drained, put them into your salad bowl
- Add ¼ – ½ avocado, depending on size, peeled and cut in chunks and add to the bowl. Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice over it to complement the flavour and prevent it turning brown if you like.
- Wash and cut into chunks and add to the bowl
- Peel mango, cut into chunks and add to the bowl
- Cut pomegranate horizontally in half (leaving the stalk end intact), hold skin side up over your salad and bash the pomegranate skin with a heavy spoon or rolling pin. The seeds will tumble out into your salad with no mess and none of the woody white pith
- Cut washed pepper and cooked beetroot into bite-sized chunks and add to the bowl
- Sprinkle over seeds and a little dressing. Toss all together and enjoy!
You can download printable version of recipe here: Superfood salad